Monday, May 19, 2014

Live For You: Boys of the South, Book 1

Live For You: Boys of the South, Book 1 by Marquita Valentine






 The faster I rise, the harder they want to see me fall.

For years, I had the perfect life and the perfect career as the reigning princess of country music, Violet Lynn. Then, after one drunken night, my mug shot went viral. Suddenly, I was the girl least likely to be invited anywhere.

Unable to withstand the questions from the press, or the sight of my ex-boyfriend with my ex-best friend, I ran... straight into the arms of one bad boy bartender--Cole Morgan.

Cole's nothing like any guy I met before, with his rough demeanor, tattoos, and peircings. Only, it doesn't matter to me that our worlds are so different they don't even occupy the same universe. Cole makes me feel safe, secure, and...loved.

But once he learns the truth of who I am and what I did, will he stay or turn on me like all the others?



Live for You (Boys of the South, #1)Live for You by Marquita Valentine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a sweet NA story. The characters are young but mature beyond most their age. They have both been through a lot in life. Though not normally a fan of NA books, this was a really good story. If I find extra time and nothing to read I may pick up the rest of the series. Although it's not something I would seek out the rest of the series for. This book seemed to stand alone well. Though the characters apparently appear in the next book. For a freebie, it's good.

I love the Southern Charm small town feel. I have to say, Nana was actually my fave character. Though they tried to hide things, you could tell she knew something was going on. I wasn't a fan of the fighting. Don't get me wrong, I love me a good fighter book, it just didn't fit well with the story. Either way, it's free. Pick it up and give it a read! See if you feel differently.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment