Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Secret Colton Baby (The Coltons: Return to Wyoming)

A Secret Colton Baby (The Coltons: Return to Wyoming) by Karen Whiddon




A new addition to Wyoming's most scandalous family 

Is Theo Colton the father of a baby dropped at his doorstep by a dying socialite? Even more shocked than the sexy bronc-riding champ is his beautiful cook, Ellie Parker. Just as she becomes the baby's nanny, she discovers a terrifying stalker has followed her to Dead River. 

What's worse—as a mysterious virus quarantines the town, danger goes viral, too. But to Theo and Ellie, the biggest dangers are their sizzling attraction and profound new feelings. Can Ellie tame the cowboy who wants nothing more than a wild ride with women? Or must she deny her heart to save his life?



3.0 out of 5 stars too muchOctober 28, 2014
This review is from: A Secret Colton Baby (The Coltons: Return to Wyoming) (Kindle Edition)
It was hard for me to love this book. There was too much going on. I love a good Romantic Suspense, but this was too much.
We have an unresolved outbreak of some mystery disease.
A cook/nanny running from a stalker.
An escaped murderer.
Molly's little "problem".
There was so much going on that it was too much. It dragged the book down a lot.
We got too many details about what Ellie was making them to eat. You could cut out almost 20 pages of the book by taking that out!

So, to the positive. I like Ellie, but felt she could have been stronger. There's no reason she couldn't handle everything on her own. Theo, I thought he was good considering he was recovering from an injury. I really was excited to read this book. But, it's called secret baby... it's not a secret. The title to me, doesn't fit the story. I think this book needs some more work. I may pick up the next Colton book, because it will be written by someone else. But the way it is... I'm not sure I want to read anything else by this author. I'll most likely give it a try, but I really just couldn't enjoy this book.
Why no voting buttons? We don't let customers vote on their own reviews, so the voting buttons appear only when you look at reviews submitted by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment