Monday, September 16, 2013

Temptation Bay (A Windfall Island Novel)

Temptation Bay (A Windfall Island Novel) by Anna Sullivan






Anna Sullivan brings us the first book in her witty new contemporary romance series set off the coast of Maine. 

TEMPTATION NEVER TASTED SO SWEET . . .Maggie Solomon has always been one of Windfall Island's favorite daughters. A beautiful, passionate charter pilot who loves this remote Maine island, Maggie has never cared much for outsiders-until her latest passenger arouses the curiosity of the town . . . and something hot and irresistible in Maggie. With his long, lean looks and razor-sharp wit, the man is temptation itself.

Cop-turned-PI Dexter Keegan is on a covert mission to solve the case that will make his career: uncovering the identity of the Stanhope heir, kidnapped nearly a century ago. No one on this fiercely protective island can know what he's doing, not even the spirited, blue-eyed beauty who infuriates-and excites-Dex. As the desire between them ignites, Maggie becomes the key to the case . . . and the target of an unknown enemy. Now Dex will do anything to protect the woman he's come to love-even risk his own life.



Temptation Bay (Windfall Island, #1)Temptation Bay by Anna Sullivan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

For the most part, the story line here is great. There's mystery, intrigue, history. It was all the makings of an awesome Romantic Suspense. But, the characters aren't very well developed. I liked Jessi, the best friend, more than I did Maggie, the main character. She's abrasive, rude, bitchy and miserable. I don't find the story sexy or very romantic at all. Dex is a moron for trying to keep at it with her. If anyone ever treated me the way she did, I'd take the hint that they didn't like me. Maybe if the characters were written better, the book would have been a higher ranking. As it stands, I just couldn't enjoy it. I may read the next one, just to see where the mystery of the story leads, but the romance of it does nothing for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment