Monday, December 23, 2013

More Christmas Reviews



Enchanted (A Merry Nicholas Tale)








With a touch of magic, two hearts can fall in love…

A heartwarming story for those who believe when love is involved, anything is possible. Mac O'Brien is wealthy and powerful--but since the death of his father--on Christmas day--the magic has gone out of his life. So he makes a wish for happiness, and Merry Nicholas, his new housekeeper, breezes into his world. Merry, with twinkling eyes, rosy cheeks, and snow-white hair, reminds Mac of Mrs. Claus, and when she pulls knitting needles from her candy cane-striped carpetbag, she weaves an enchanted spell around Mac, leading him to happiness, and to the woman he's destined to love.

EnchantedEnchanted by Patti Berg
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I think this was a really clever, cute, interesting Christmas romance. It was magical, sweet, and I couldn't put it down. This story is the perfect Holiday Read!

View all my reviews




Cowboys and Angels (Aspen Series #3)




Katy Rivers' life has been perfect so far. Perfectly boring, that is. She's lived by the rules and made all the safe choices. She has a great accounting job, her own home, and...zero fun. She's looking for a taste of excitement, but she gets more than she bargained for when the sexy, but off-limits bad boy she dreamt about in high school is suddenly back in her life and wanting more than her number.

Scott Beckstead has grown up during the ten years since he dropped out of school. He's no longer the bad boy the town remembers. He owns a profitable construction company and keeps his wild adventures just this side of legal. A chance meeting with Katy reminds him of the one thing he always wanted, but never thought he could have.

The holidays are a time to come together, but Katy's family and friends are determined to keep her and Scott apart. If she wants Scott to stay and wants the passionate nights by the Christmas tree to become a tradition, she's going to have to leave "safe" behind.



Cowboys And Angels (Aspen, #3)Cowboys And Angels by Cindy Stark
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a short sweet Christmas romance. I found it enjoyable, interesting. It certainly held my interest. I like the Bad Boy reformed character. It's not too deep, there's not a ton of character development, but it still makes for a good holiday read.

View all my reviews



Married By Christmas




Anna Carter is on the brink of her dream Christmas wedding, she’s got the dress sorted, the church books, even the reindeer to pull her in a sleigh to the ceremony. But now - only two weeks before her big day - her perfect husband-to-be drops a bombshell... 

Only nothing's going to stop Anna's plans - not even the pesky inconvenience of discovering her groom already has a wife!



Married By ChristmasMarried By Christmas by Scarlett Bailey
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I felt more confused by this book than anything else. I'm not sure I read the same book as everyone. The whole plot line was just awkward and the characters were barely developed. I found it boring really. There wasn't much to keep my interest or make me want to keep reading. I just wasn't impressed.

View all my reviews



The Awakening (#3 of Finding Love ~ THE OUTSIDER SERIES, A Holiday Western Romance)





Can a sexy rancher give a young woman hope?



The Awakening (The Friessen Legacy, #4)The Awakening by Lorhainne Eckhart
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

While this is a sweet story and an interesting plot line, I felt it was under-developed. There wasn't really any romance at all. The story itself felt unfinished. Everything was wrapped up in a paragraph? This certainly wasn't what I expected.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment