Thursday, May 23, 2013

Beyond Fate


Beyond Fate by Jackie Weger


$3.99 Amazon

Overcoming the demons of the past is never easy, but when love works its magic, two lives are changed forever. 

Fletcher Maitland, perennial bachelor can't help himself. He falls in love with the beautiful new arrival in Big Mama's fish camp. All he asks for is a cup of coffee. What he gets is more ... much more.

Cleo Anderson lives her life in the shadow of her mother's sin. As Cleo responds to Fletcher the demons in her past rise to taunt her. She must choose between a life lived in shame or a future beyond fate.
Lust and love burn hot in this sweet, classic romance.




Beyond FateBeyond Fate by Jackie Weger
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is deeply emotional. I was crying throughout the ending. It's quite the story of learning to love, moving beyond your past, and loss. I really got into to. Cleo is sweet, Fletcher is a cocky southern man. Big Mama was the funniest character and I loved her. My only problem is, it seemed to be too much. Was it a romance? A drama? A comedy? A mystery? I certainly feel that the escaped con was an unnecessary part, as it doesn't do much for the storyline and is just filler. It just didn't fit. Without the extra filler, this book would have been perfect.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment