Friday, November 1, 2013

Deadlocked

Deadlocked by AR Wise




David was caught in the middle of the city when the zombie outbreak started. His wife and daughters were at home, stranded on the roof as zombies waited below. He would have to fight through hordes of undead, merciless other survivors, and a series of death defying stunts to get home. However, even if he makes it there, how can he be sure they're safe?

Deadlocked puts you into David's head as he struggles to get home. Then a final confrontation occurs that could guarantee his family's survival, but at what cost?



DeadlockedDeadlocked by A.R. Wise
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So, I love zombie books. But this one fell flat for me. It started out great. I loved it. I understand that they way the author ended it, they want to build up each book around another character, but to me, it felt rushed and pointless. As you get interested in the character they are gone. So what's supposed to keep me reading the rest of the series? It's a very fast paced story, and doesn't leave much time to enjoy the characters or plot. I know it's a "novella" but there could be a little more meat on the bones to keep me interested. I most likely won't waste my time on the rest of the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment