Monday, June 30, 2014

The Shroud

The Shroud by David Moore




We have the technology to clone human beings. 
But do we have the right? 

We have the ability to play God. 
But what if we could clone God? 

We can... 
And already did. 

An ancient prophesy predicts a dire future 
as past and present intertwine into a deadly dance 
of power with mankind as the ultimate pawn.


IF YOU LIKE MY REVIEW, PLEASE CONSIDER CLICKING PERMALINK AND CLICKING YES ON THE HELPFUL BUTTON. THANKS!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me...But not a bad bookJune 29, 2014
This review is from: The Shroud (Kindle Edition)
This book was ok. It didn't blow me away, but it wasn't awful. The premise sounded interesting. It said they were going to clone God. Well, they cloned Jesus, so maybe that needs to be changed.
Yes, I understood there may be a little religious undertone to the book, but at times there was more than I'm comfortable with. I don't read religious fiction.

My main downfall with the book, is if it's about Christian and how he's this prophecy fulfilled, why don't we have more about him? Instead, we follow the cops, the priests, everyone else. I wanted to see more of what Christian was and could do. It was interesting to watch the cops follow the clues to connect the dots. I think the flash backs to history were a little drawn out, but they helped you understand the story and where things were going. I think if you're into a "davinci code"-esque book, you should certainly pick this one up.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


No comments:

Post a Comment