Thursday, August 14, 2014

A Gifted Soul

The Gifted Soul by Jeannie Ingraham




Every year during October the American government administers the annual Psychic Sweep Test throughout the country’s schools. The Sweep is to find the ones known as gifted among the mundane humans. Sophie Walters has been keeping her secret for ten years purposely failing the Sweep, but she is finally outed by a random boy walking the halls during the test, who turns out to be a gifted himself. Sophie is dragged out of her old life and away from her two best friends Ian, and Cassie who don’t know what to think about Sophie keeping her gifted status a secret, and thrown into the world she had been avoiding for five years. 

Sophie expects to find herself at one of the many psychic institutes, but instead she finds herself at the first Psychic Academy in the United States. The headmaster of which sets Sophie up in a special research group to help further the understanding of the abilities of ghosts, and the gifted that can see them, but as Sophie helps the stranger things become. The boy that found her, Lyle, starts to act suspicious along with the headmaster. With her new friend Holt, and her old buddies they try to help Lyle only to find out things are much more complicated than they had expected.

IF YOU LIKE MY REVIEW, PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO CLICK PERMALINK AND VOTE YES THAT MY REVIEW WAS HELPFUL. THANKS

4.0 out of 5 stars Great YA Read, August 13, 2014
This review is from: The Gifted Soul (Kindle Edition)
When I started the book, I sort of thought to myself .. Eh, ok. Yet as I got deeper into the book, the more interest I found in it. The elaborate story of a young society full of powers, a young girl trying to go unnoticed. TO me, I think this story would ring some bells for a lot of younger readers. It's a good story. There were some points where I rolled my eyes, but in all, it's a truly endearing story. I think it's great for a YA novel. There were a few small editing errors here and there. Nothing horrible and it doesn't keep you from enjoying the book. I can't say a lot of grown people would read it, but I'll definitely be adding this to my YA book lists on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment