Friday, August 15, 2014

A Highlander's Obsession (Highlander's Beloved)

A Highlander's Obsession (Highlander's Beloved) by Vonnie Davis




This title will be auto-delivered to your Kindle on August 19, 2014.

Somehow able to telepathically communicate with animals, Paisley Munro has found meaning in her so-called gifts by working as a veterinary assistant. But while traveling to Scotland for a relative’s funeral, Paisley fears that she really has lost her mind. Out in the highlands, she hears distinctly human thoughts coming from a wild bear. Terrified and desperate, she returns to the lodge and collapses in the powerful arms of its owner, a mysterious man with whom she shares a simmering attraction.

Creighton Matheson and his fellow shape-shifters have been roaming this land freely for centuries. Now Paisley may inherit his home, putting his kind in grave danger. His mistrust only deepens when he realizes she can read his mind. Yet he cannot deny that this tantalizing woman makes him burn with desire—and hunger for the prospect of a tender love. Now Creighton must decide which would hurt more: revealing the truth or losing Paisley forever.


A Highlander's Obsession: A Loveswept Contemporary RomanceA Highlander's Obsession: A Loveswept Contemporary Romance by Vonnie Davis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ok, first, let me just say, scanning through NetGalley, I saw Highlander and a kilted man on the cover and clicked request. I never read the blurb. Here I was expecting a historical romance. Duh, I was shocked, but in a good way. This book rocked! I loved it! It's present tense, hot, sexy and paranormal!


I loved Gram. She is one of my fave characters! The Scottish accents were... amazeballs. I could hear the voices in my head (yes the voices sounded Scottish haha). Paisley was great. For a bookworm, she had a great stubborness that I fell in love with. Creigh, well, hot damn. He's irresistible.


I don't want to give away anything, but the paranormal aspect was not expected, but so well done! This whole book had me swooning and laughing. Trust me, you have to read this, and when you get to Paisley and Creigh fighting, you can't help but laugh out loud! This is a series I'm going to have to follow closely. (Please, please, tell me it's a series! I need more!)


View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very intreaguing, have to get my hands on this one... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes out in a few days! You have to read it!

      Delete