Saturday, January 4, 2014

Crazy for You: Life and Love on the Lam (A Loveswept Contemporary Romance) (Mazie Maguire)

Crazy for You: Life and Love on the Lam (A Loveswept Contemporary Romance) (Mazie Maguire) by Juliet Rosetti





Once you escape from prison and ride off into the sunset with the gorgeous guy who helped you nail a killer, you live happily ever after, right? Well, not exactly—not if you’re Mazie Maguire, and the flow chart of your life looks like a pinball machine. Mazie has broken up with her guy, Ben Labeck, she can’t pay her rent, her car is infested with mice, and she’s working at a coffee shop where the dress code is teddies, thongs, and toe-cleavage heels. Now Ben is the chief suspect in a murder investigation, and Mazie’s tapping into her fugitive wiles to keep him out of jail. Strictly as friends, she vows. No kissing, no touching, no romance. But how is Mazie supposed to keep her thoughts platonic when her “buddy” is giving her erotic back rubs, and a make-believe-we’re-newlyweds charade puts her in the mood for a wedding night?


Crazy for You (Life and Love on the Lam, #2)Crazy for You by Juliet Rosetti
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ok, so this is a first for me from this author. I didn't know this was a series. Nothing in the title tells you that. So as you begin reading, if you're someone like me who's never read by this author, you have no clue what's going on. Sure the author gives you a bare bones run down on what's happening. But it's not much. I would have loved a little bit deeper run through on what exactly happened in the book before this one. The author has to take into account readers like me who may just be picking up a book in the middle of a series. I did like reading this story. It's just small things bothering me. I'm not sure if I really like Ben or not. I did get annoyed with the "french" lapses. Ok, thanks, now I know the author can speak french. What does it have to do with the story? Nothing really.

Then, the fact that this feels like a cheap rip off of the Stephanie Plum series. I know it was marketed that way, to hit a target audience. This isn't a bad book, it just didn't blow me away. The Plum series happens to be a favorite of mine, and I was sort of let down with this book. Mazie's character actually started to annoy me at times. The book isn't horrible. It was fun, witty, engaging. To a point. I enjoyed Magenta and the dialogue. There was a lot that was transparent and predictible. I feel that with a little more depth, this could have been a better book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment