Monday, August 12, 2013

Safe Word

Safe Word by Teresa Mummert




A chance meeting with a stranger can turn your entire world upside down. 
When Colton 'Colt' Bishop enters a bar in New York City, he has a plan. His job is to find an easy target and take her back to his place for a few days. He is working his way up the crime ladder doing a job he never wanted. 
Lily Hilton has it all, but is hiding from a troublesome past. When she enters a bar downtown, and runs into her old high school crush, her entire world is turned upside down. She is determined to make him notice her, but that plan may work better than she expects. Colton does not hesitate to take Lily home and use her as his new pawn, but their past begins to catch up with them as their secrets unravel and he must decide what is more important to him, protecting Lily or himself.



Safe WordSafe Word by Teresa Mummert
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I'm a big fan of Mummert's work. I really enjoyed Suicide Note and White Trash Beautiful. But this book was not very good. Cole is a huge jerk, and Lily/Rose just bows down to him and loves him? To me, this book tried too hard to be something it's not. The sex scenes were hot to an extent. A lot of the dialogue was horrible. The flashbacks come out of nowhere and the whole plot just wasn't that good. It was very transparent, but not greatly conveyed to the reader. I really think it could have been better, or not done at all. I'm still a fan of Mummert, but this one is on my DO NOT RECOMMEND list.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I feel this way about most of her books. The promise of a great, well-crafted story is there, but just doesn't deliver. And the plot holes abound...

    ReplyDelete