Friday, August 30, 2013

The Quiver of a Kiss: The Seduction of Helen of Troy

The Quiver of a Kiss: The Seduction of Helen of Troy  by Sarah Daltry





This is the story you were never told about Helen of Troy, the face that launched a thousand ships. A bargaining chip for her father and brothers, Helen learned of seduction and lust but was denied love until one of her suitors, a young Odysseus, showed her a world she had always imagined. Despite her wishes, however, she is married to Menelaus and her fate is decided for her. That is until a young man from Troy named Paris ignites in her a desire she cannot control. Together, they will test the power of the gods and give in to passion that will lead them to be remembered throughout history.


The Quiver of a KissThe Quiver of a Kiss by Sarah Daltry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love Greek Mythology, and I love Erotic stories. My problem with this, is it's not very erotic or even passionate. I can't imagine someone in ancient Greece using the C word. (You know which one). It was not even very sexy. Each intimate contact was over in a paragraph and more graphic about the ejaculation than the act itself. There's basically a gang rape, and the fact that she found enjoyment out of part of it made me think Helen was more twisted than originally thought. I feel there were more details in areas that didn't need it and lacking details in others.

I expected more from this book than I got, but was kept interested purely on the historical plot alone. I'm not sure how much research was put into the story though. Some of the things seemed wrong. All in all on a mythology aspect, this was interesting. I suppose you can make your own opinion, it just wasn't what I was expecting from something listed as Romance and reviewed as erotic.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment