Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Back log reviews

So, here is the back log reviews that were all on the main site. I just wanted to make sure they were still kept somewhere !!! Not sure what you want to read next? Check these out...































































Along Came Trouble (Camelot, #2)Along Came Trouble by Ruthie Knox
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a story! This book had some drama, love and lots of hotness. I really enjoyed the journey that Ellen and Caleb take you on. I sort of feel the whole "job" he had to do was anti-climatic. A little something to that would have made this a five star story. For the most part, it's predictable. Most romances are. But all in all, it's a great romance. The dynamics of the Clark family and the Callahan family, and how they grow throughout the story is just a gripping tale. I couldn't put this down.






Beyond ParallelBeyond Parallel by Matthew Turner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Maybe it was just me, but at times I found this book hard to follow. I had to re-read and flip back and forth to see if I had missed something. I'm not a fan of alternating stories in one book. I just couldn't enjoy it, because I spent half my time scratching my head, wondering what just happened. It's not poorly written, it just isn't what the summary seemed.



 Blind FaithBlind Faith by Kimberley Reeves
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a good book. I enjoyed reading it. There's a gut wrenching story here that makes you want to stand up and cheer for Serena, and applaud Will. The dynamics between them has you stuck in this story. You're pulled in from the start and holding on til the end. I couldn't put it down. Con: The ending seems a little rushed, I wish it had played out more, but it really is a good love story.



The Impostor, A Love StoryThe Impostor, A Love Story by Tiffany Carmouche
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

WTF! That's my title for this review, because damn, there's no better way to describe it. This whole book is a rollercoaster of emotions. Up and down. The action is edge of your seat, sweating, yelling at the book.. NOOOO!!! The love between Dylan and Nicole takes time to build, but is so worth it. You can feel it! Then there's Brad! Oh wow. This just really is such a great book. The depth of underlying tone, dealing with abuse, showing there is life after it, really means something. The characters are so well developed. The beautiful picture painted with the words in this book, make me want to go to Alaska so bad. I can't wait to dive into the next one! This was so good!




The Nanny (D'Amato Brothers #1)The Nanny by Vera Roberts
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was actually a cute little read. Yes, there was steamy dirty talk and more. But it really was a great story. I enjoyed Tianna and Keiran. I liked seeing Tianna change from who she thought she had to be, into who she was. Looking for a quick steamy read... pick this up!





Obsession and SacrificeObsession and Sacrifice by Tiffany Carmouche
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Explosive, that's the only way to describe this book. It was such an amazing read, I couldn't put it down! The ending had me screaming for more! I love how even with all she's been through and dealing with now, that Nicole is such a strong person. (It's also nice to read my name over and over haha) But, really, it's just a fantastic continuation of Imposter. Impatiently I await the 3rd book in this series. Love does conquer all!





 Once Tempted (Silver Creek, #1)Once Tempted by Laura Moore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was such an amazing book! I couldn't put it down. A phenomenal love story if I ever read one. The characters are so well developed, you feel as if you really know them. Who couldn't fall in love with a gorgeous, generous, loving cowboy? Tess and Ward create such a passionate fire between them that I was seeking out my husband when I finished the book. It gave me a need to be held. An absolute great read.




Painted MemoriesPainted Memories by Loni Flowers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Painted memories is a story about letting go of the past. Moving on, living your life. Sometimes we hold on to things that we shouldn't bear the blame for, or carry pain we shouldn't.

I think this book is just a great feel good romance. Lilly doesn't want a relationship. She doesn't think she can handle it, need it. But along come Drew and Tyler. Two men at once, who should she choose?
Can she face her past in time to not lose the one she really wants?

I enjoyed the characters in this book. They were so well developed. It was such an in depth back story being told that you get a genuine feeling that you know each character. You can feel their emotions. You can emphasize.

I really think this is just a great, make you feel good, romance. I enjoyed it.



Slow Burn (Smoke Jumpers, #2)Slow Burn by Anne Marsh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Holy Smokes! And, I mean that pun intentionally. This is one hot, action packed, sex crazed book. I could not stop reading! The author makes every minute detail seem important and her words just grab you by the collar and won't let go. Faye, recently divorced, heads off to Strong for a free lance photo job. Evan, a smoke jumper (firemen who jump out of planes) is asked by his old military buddy (Faye's ex husband) to keep an eye on her. What Evan doesn't know, is the biggest fire that summer will be the one between him and Faye. Oh man does this book pack a punch. The delivery was just too good to be true. Everyone loves a sexy fireman, but this book takes them to a whole new level of hotness! *Hooked*



 South of Bixby BridgeSouth of Bixby Bridge by Ryan Winfield
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I don't often read books by authors I don't know. I purchased South of Bixby Bridge for my kindle, thinking I would read it when I ran out of other books. I scanned through a few pages, and was so intrigued within 1 paragraph that I had to go and read it right away. 1 day.. I read the whole thing and plan to read it again. I can't wait to read another title by Ryan. I love the complexity of the characters. I loved how they interact with each other and I highly recommend this book!!

I have since read this book 3 times! It's just better and better each time



 Suicide NoteSuicide Note by Teresa Mummert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Have you ever watched a chick flick and wished you could read the book? Had just such an amazing love story, you want to relive it over and over? This is the opposite. I read this book and AM DYING to see it as a movie. I will most definitely be re-reading this book over and over. I think it could be one of the greatest Romance Movies ever! This author has a way of writing that makes you feel everything each character is going through.

I'll admit it. I cried, a lot. I laughed, smiled, grinned, and cried some more. It's been a long time since a book has caused such turmoil in my emotions. Along the lines of "The Notebook", "Dear John" and other such great love stories, Shane and Jenn will outlast them all.

Shane, always trying to be the protector, thinks Jenn is going to kill herself. Jenn, battling a heavy array of letdowns in life, love and work, just wants to be alone. He basically forces himself upon her, and from there, you're taken on a rollercoaster of astounding quality. The ups and downs, and in between, this book lacks for nothing. Every page is filled with feelings, and love that just grabs you by your shirt collar and holds you in. I couldn't put this down. I stayed up all night, and even snuck some reading in at work, trying to finish. I have to say, Suicide Note is now in my top 5 books of all time!



 Textual Encounters (The Christine + Jake Affair, #1)Textual Encounters by Morgan Parker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is quite an interesting read! It's a very heartfelt journey of "What if" you text the wrong number. It's such a good story. The writing is different. You feel like you're actually hearing or reading a conversation between two people. I kind of felt like I was sneaking through someone's phone. But it was so good. It's a great short read, and I absolutely want to read the next one! I'm hooked!




 The EDGE Of TrustThe EDGE Of Trust by K.T. Bryan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This book has it all. The thrills of an action book, the action of a thriller. Throw in a crazy romance, and it's everything you could ever want in a book. From the heart pounding suspense, to the heat it up love story. Dillon is by far my new fave book boyfriend. I love stories that include military men, navy seals, hot muscly guys! This was one of those books that you just couldn't put down! I'd go into more detail, but I def don't want to ruin it for anyone else!



 When the Siren CallsWhen the Siren Calls by Tom Barry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm not sure if I really enjoyed this book. The inner look at relationships, A deep view into the personal lives of the characters, Their unhappy marriages, still unhappy while cheating, unhappy in business. On one hand it reads like a book on business, and on the other, it's like a full on smut novel. I think this is a reason men shouldn't write romance. They turn it into something dirty. It's interesting to see how each person handles their situation, but at the same time, there are just long, drawn out parts you have to struggle through. It wasn't a horrible read, just, eh. Just there.




Written in the StarsWritten in the Stars by Jennifer Martinez
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to say, I really like Coll. Having been there done that, this book really meant something to me. I understood the journey that Mack went through. The author captured those details very well. I would have loved to see more about Mack and Coll. I think the characters are well developed, even the ones you see little of. Being completely different from what I've read by this author, I think it's a sweet little romance, and a powerful message. To me, the book says, Don't regret any decisions you've made, because you'll end up where you belong. If you want a short sweet read, try this.

View all my reviews A Most Scandalous ProposalA Most Scandalous Proposal by Ashlyn Macnamara
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was the epitomy of Historical Romance. The scandal, the love, bravery and bravado. There was no down point to this book. I enjoyed the whole thing. The slightest touch of intimacy heats this story up just right. I look forward to more from this author.

Julia and Sophia are sisters, whom continue to turn down proposals from potential suitors.

But, one scandal after another has the girls pinned to men they don't feel they can marry. Can Benedict and Highgate help these woman see they are a perfect match for them?




Blood Between Queens (Thornleigh, #5)Blood Between Queens by Barbara Kyle
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I understand that this is a historical fiction, but this book felt like I was back in high school history. There are so many parts that read like a text book. It is boring and drawn out. It's a highly over priced Ebook. All in all, this is just not worth the money being asked, and not worth wasting hours as it drones on and on.








Child of the Mist (These Highland Hills, #1)Child of the Mist by Kathleen Morgan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It was refreshing to read a historical romance outside or England. I see a lot of bad reviews that say there's not enough history. What they seem to forget is this isn't a history book its a Romance. I did appreciate the story and the different plot. The only reason I'm giving it only 3 stars is because I feel 1) it was too drawn out. 2) the dialogue. If I hear och one more time I'll freak. I understand you're setting a scene. But find new words. 3) felt the ending was too rushed. Would have liked to see more development there.
Basically, I wish it was the same length, but with more action or love, not the constant inner dialogue that slows down a book.





Hero of My Heart: A Loveswept Historical RomanceHero of My Heart: A Loveswept Historical Romance by Megan Frampton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Mary is sold by her half brother in a bar. Drunk, drugged Alasdair buys her and decides he wants to save her. The emotional journey is fantastic. Ups and downs, I was laughing and crying. It must be a good book when I actually cry. But, it's not worth more than 3 stars as it stands.

I love Historical Romances. This is a great story line and it's not like all the other Historicals. I loved it. The reason it's 3 stars is because it's repetitive. There are so many parts that just over and over say the same thing in the same way. It became annoying. There should be more content editing here. With that, this would be a 4 or 5 star book. The character development is phenomenal. Both Alasdair and Mary are so likable and real. You can relate to them, their pain and anguish. That's the only thing that redeemed the book from 2 stars.





  Midnight Marriage (Roxton Series #2)Midnight Marriage by Lucinda Brant
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ok, with the negative first: There's some editing work that needs to be done here. Words that weren't needed or missing punctuation. Run on sentences.
Now, the good: This was a cute little romance. It was refreshing to read a love story that didn't involve dirty sex scenes or gaudy words. It was a delightful little story. There's suspense, tears, and laughs.





One More Kiss (Pennistan, #5)One More Kiss by Mary Blayney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Those of you who know me, know what a Historical Romance fan I am. So first off I want to thank Mary Blayney and Random House Publishing for this ARC of One More Kiss.

Beatrice Brent, an educated, ever curious woman, about to break out into the "ton". Her father has ambitions that she and her twin sister advance in life, and in London society. They attend a house party, where they will be able to practice getting on in society, under the training of the Countess. Beatrice is too advanced for this time period. Educated women "blue-stockings" were frowned upon. But, in come Lord Jessup Penniston. A rake, gambler, and involved in a divorce. Not his, but still taboo. How can he be so attracted to an annoyingly smart woman?

The beginning of this book starts out very slow. I felt things were dragged out a bit. The characters are all very well developed and as you get to know them, you feel like you're part of their little group. About halfway through the book, it picks up. More excitement, scandal, and even murder! I really did enjoy this book. Please don't think that the slow beginning will ruin it for you! Stick with it, because this story was well worth it, and now I feel I have to go find the other books in this series to read as well!

As it being an ARC, there are some editing issues. But, Random House has the best editing staff I've seen. So I'm sure by it's release date in April, that will be fixed. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I have.





The Reluctant CountessThe Reluctant Countess by Wendy Vella
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is a sweet little historical romance. I sort of feel that what was meant to be climactic fell short. The whole book is descriptive and thorough, but then the end is feeling rushed. I would love to see it developed more. There really was no good love scene. What did happen was very rushed. Wham bam no thank you. The cover is misleading. It had me expecting a hot story. The supposed sex scenes were just ho hum on the steam scale. All it's still a good historical read. Better than the last few I have read. I think it would be a great introduction to the genre of historical romance.





 The Devil's Thief (The Saint’s Devils, #1)The Devil's Thief by Samantha Kane
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow! That is the best word I have to describe this book! I am a huge fan of Historical Romances, and this one just blew every single other one I have read, out of the water. This book has an great story to tell. It's not your average "Damsel in Distress" love story. There's an actual plot. There's drama and love and much more. I caught myself smiling, and wanting to cry and really excited!! The love scenes are steamy, to say the least. Samantha Kane has an amazing way with words. I can't wait to read more by her.





 The PromiseThe Promise by Kate Worth
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It was an enjoyable plot, but the writing was bad. The author is so long winded and repetitive about things throughout the whole story, but then the ending is rushed. I really think there should be some content editing done. Take some out, put some in. It should take me a week to read your book because I have to "force" myself. I love historical romances, but can't love this one. Seriously, get some editing done, and I'll re-read it, because I did enjoy the concept of the story, but as it is, I would not recommend it to anyone.




 The Scoundrel Takes a Bride (Regency Rogues, #5)The Scoundrel Takes a Bride by Stefanie Sloane
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The synopsis of this book makes you think you're about to read a steamy, hot, passionate book. I love Historical Romances, but this one completely falls flat. The story line is dull, and in no way is it steamy and hot. The characters are either not well developed, or just can't be related to. If a book can't pique your interest within the first 5-10%, what's the point? The reader feels they have to trudge through it to get anything out of it! Just not worth the $7.99 they are asking for!






With this KissWith this Kiss by Victoria Lynne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The author has a way with words. She knows how to set a scene. I could see it all in my head, every little detail. It was a wonderful story line, and great plot. The characters are very enjoyable. I find that it's not just a simple typical historical. My negative feelings though are there's a lot of senseless filler that just bored me. I found myself skipping pages ahead at a time. Also, the formatting on the kindle version is in dire need of work. Font size gets bigger and smaller in areas. The spacing is off. Fix this, and it would have been more enjoyable to read. All in all though, it's a good story.




 Wyoming Bride: A Bitter Creek NovelWyoming Bride: A Bitter Creek Novel by Joan Johnston
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As far as historical or western romances go, this one was dead on. I thoroughly enjoyed the plot, the characters, all of it! Granted, some times it was a little repetitive. The thoughts, arguments, could have been changed up a bit, but it doesn't pull away from the story. It falls right in line with the time period and how things were. I felt the characters were well developed, and likable.

A true love story, man meets woman, wants to use her. Woman meets man, wants to use him. Bam, they fall in love, but don't want to admit it to each other. I enjoy plots like this. It means you're in for some drama, and some teary scenes. The passion in this book was semi-sizzling, but well worth the read! Very good book!





Big SkyBig Sky by Stacey Coverstone
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a fun, enjoyable romance with some mystery thrown in. I love it, until a ghost started appearing. Then it went downhill. The characters were enjoyable, and well written, but I felt there were too many genres packed into the book. Paranormal, Romance, Mystery, I mean, pick one! Without the ghost in the book, It would have been a 5. Found myself skimming past any part that had to do with it. Definitely would have enjoyed it more, if it was just a Western Romance.

View all my reviews



Once Tempted (Silver Creek, #1)Once Tempted by Laura Moore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was such an amazing book! I couldn't put it down. A phenomenal love story if I ever read one. The characters are so well developed, you feel as if you really know them. Who couldn't fall in love with a gorgeous, generous, loving cowboy? Tess and Ward create such a passionate fire between them that I was seeking out my husband when I finished the book. It gave me a need to be held. An absolute great read.

View all my reviews > The Accidental GroupieThe Accidental Groupie by Simone Holloway
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I honestly feel that with some expansion, this could be a fantastic book. There's a little build up, but no character development. It's hard to like Sloan and John when you know nothing. It's hot, when they get down to it, but that's all there is. I felt like I was just reading an article in Penthouse and nothing else. Put some expansion and develop it more, and it could be a 4/5 star book.



Beyond The Mask (The Beyond, #1)Beyond The Mask by Aubrianna Hunter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was a great read. Unlike most erotica that I read, where there's just sex, this has a story line. A great one at that. Slightly off Derek and Jade live together, probably love each other. They have an unconventional existence together. But one night, they go to a ball, and their lives are changed forever. What now?

A steamy, hot, sexy, paranormal read, that has one of the best cliffhangers I've ever seen. You're left panting, and wanting more. Much more!



 ClosureClosure by Kim Carmichael
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Holy wow! From the moment it started, this book had me on fire! I always do this to myself. Read a hot, steamy book at work, and then watch the clock until I can get home. But, this isn't any regular steamy book. There's a heart string pulling love story included. I was blown away. Riley is such an amazing character and she left Michael wondering WTF through most of it. I felt his pain, but loved it. This is truly a fantastic read!



 No Strings Attached (The 'Edge' Series)No Strings Attached by Jennifer Labelle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Where oh where to begin?! This is a hot little piece, and it's good. This reads like a night out when I was in my 20's and I love it! It's not your average smut read! There's something to it. There's a story. I got done reading this and wanted to rush home and see my husband. (alas, I'm at work and can't do that) But, if you're looking for a little steam, here it is! Jennifer really has a way with words!



Rocked (Rocked, #1)Rocked by Clara Bayard
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was an interesting little read. I love that it's a real woman, with real insecurities. I actually liked the book a lot. My complaint? It definitely could have been longer. More descriptions on the sex scenes, would have made it hot and steamy. There's no way you can label this an erotic when there's barely any sex. I think expanding on those parts, would make for a 5 star book.




The Silken Edge (Silken Edge, #1)The Silken Edge by Laci Paige
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was just fantastic. Who cares about age difference? This book was so enthralling, I couldn't put it down, and my husband was glad I didn't. The fact that you have all this erotic stuff, but barely any actual sex was erotic in itself. I'm absolutely now a fan of Laci Paige!





 Strictly Off Limits (Jade's Diaries, Strictly Series, #0.5)Strictly Off Limits by Crystal D. Spears
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So the author knows how to write a great hot scene, the rest of the story needs work. There's lots of editing errors, and a lot of the non-sex scene story line needs work. There's no development. Nothing to hold your interest. I found myself skimming through it just to find the hot parts. I think some editing, and content filter would help make this more successful.



 The Pool Boy: A Short StoryThe Pool Boy: A Short Story by Malena Lott
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I found this book to be ok. It wasn't completely spectacular, it wasn't anything horrible. The author knew what they wanted the story to be, but I'm not sure they got it out right. It tends to be slightly long winded in the beginning (even though it's a short book), pages of what people wore, how they dressed. When you get through it, you do find a lot of steamy encounters. There's some hot scenes. It definitely got better as it went on. Maybe if the author took out some filler in the beginning and put in some meat to the steamy parts, I could rank it a 5 star



 WunderWunder by A.R. Von
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Zombies and sex?! Um, yes please! The author wrote a quick short story, that is hot, and interesting. Said to be part of a mini-series, I'm anticipating the next installment to see where Wunder takes us next!



A Vampire's Salvation (Beyond Human #1)A Vampire's Salvation by Virna DePaul
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A Vampire's Salvation walks us through Jake Rios trying to find a mate. He's chosen Francesca. She's a strong woman, having survived horrors in her life. These two when together create a fire that is so heat, it burned me while reading. Their intimacy felt like it lasted half the book. I did find this to be a bit drawn out, but nonetheless exciting. This author really knows how to turn the reader on.

The story line could have used a little more meat on the bones. But, there's definitely a plot there. You just have to dig to see it. By the end, I was left wanting more, needing to know where these two went from there. I would say, if you're into vampires and strong lead women, this is a great quick read to pick up!

View all my reviews

AVA (Double Gun Series Novella, #1)AVA by Rue Volley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a fast paced read. I wish it had been longer, given more details, but it definitely is able to hook you in! I like a strong female in books! It's refreshing. I look forward to reading the rest of the series!



Blue Moon Cafe Series: Where Shifters Meet for DrinksBlue Moon Cafe Series: Where Shifters Meet for Drinks by Ioana Visan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm not too sure about this book. The blurb makes it seem as if it's 1 full novel. But as you read it, you feel like a bunch of short stories with a theme and some of the same characters. I don't feel that they fit completely together enough for it to be 1 book. If worked on a little more, it could be a great short story collection, and again, if worked on more, it could be a great book. But as it is, I wasn't impressed. I didn't enjoy being confused, wondering what happened to the characters I was just reading. It was as if left hanging. As it's only 99 cents, I feel that's a fair price, because it's not really worth more than that.



 Breaking the Nexus (Mythrian Realm, #1)Breaking the Nexus by Lindsay Avalon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow! I've heard the hype about this book, but am a believe it when I see it person. This book definitely lives up to it's reputation. It was a great story!

There's quite a paranormal plot, and some steamy scenes. Did I say steamy? I meant ON FIRE! The chemistry between Sha and Connor left me with some 3rd degree burns. I can't wait for the next book to come out, and neither can my husband *wink




Damian's Oracle (War of Gods, #1)Damian's Oracle by Lizzy Ford
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a great read. Not one did I feel a lull or boredom. The story line flows so well. Sofia is a stronger woman than she thinks. Damian is just amazing sexy, and not as hardcore as he would like to think. The dynamic between these two gives us a phenomenal story. I hope the author plans to write more of these, I would love to see more of Sofia and Damian's story. Every character in this book was well developed and easy to like. This is definitely a refreshing paranormal plot that is not what you see in every other paranormal story. It's different and in a good way. I have to say, this was my first Lizzy Ford book, and I now see what the buzz about her is. This is just a really great story and I can't wait to read the rest of the series.








Dark Wolf (Spirit Wild, #1)Dark Wolf by Kate Douglas
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I thoroughly enjoyed the sexual exploration in the book. That's something I never thought I would say, but it's written in a way that just, is amazing. Sadly, that's the only reason the book scored so high. There's a lot of repetitive content, and feels it was used as filler, just to make it longer. In the middle of a chapter, it goes from one scene to the next and leaves the reader going back over the last page to see if something was missed. I think with content editing, it may be a better story, I would love more of Sebastian and Lilly and not everyone else's love story. To me, they are the focus of the book and should have been so. At times, it seems the author wanted to cram so many people into the book, that maybe she could have left their stories for some more books in teh series. I'm most likely not going to read any more in the Spirit Wild series. Other than sex, there's nothing for my interest.




 The Demon Lover (Fairwick Chronicles, #1)The Demon Lover by Juliet Dark
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I guess I can't decide if I liked this book or not. Based on the title, I was expecting something more dark. I felt this was more of a fairy tale like book. I just couldn't get into it. Some parts just seem to drone on and on to the point I found myself skipping pages at a time. I don't want to suggest it to anyone, because I feel so unsure as to whether it was good or not.



 Don't Kill Dinner (The Rules, #1)Don't Kill Dinner by Jennifer Martinez
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

WOW! For a first novel, this author shows an amazing talent. The story flows so well, you can't stop reading, don't want to put it down, and are held captive by Kenna. The notion of a heroine is blasted away in Don't Kill Dinner. Your notion of good, thoughts of vampires and ideas of evil are twisted and changed forever. There's an actual plot and I loved it. This is a strong story.

Kenna, after being turned into a vampire, experiences real love, strength and power she's never had before, and much more.

Arthur, who has been in love with Kenna, secretly, for years, is her sire. They fall in love fast, but will they burn out?

To say this is not your average Vampire story, is a discredit to this author. It's an phenomenal story, leaving you begging for the next installment.



 Edge of Dawn (Midnight Breed, #11)Edge of Dawn by Lara Adrian
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Holy Crap! That's all I can think to say about this book! It was an edge of the seat, tear jerking, gripping story! The love scenes were spicy hot and the plot is certainly thick! Now, I can't go into much detail, or it will be a huge spoiler! But this was just a fantastic book! Even if vampires aren't your thing, you have to read this!




Forever (The World of Nightwalkers, #2)Forever by Jacquelyn Frank
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is ok. It's hard to get into. There's so much around describing two being in one body and the power struggle. It just really wasn't what I expected. I couldn't enjoy it. It was slow moving and I hate to say it, but boring. I'm sure some are very into it. I do enjoy paranormals, but this just wasn't for me.





 Heart of the Demon (Warriors of the Rift, #3)Heart of the Demon by Cynthia Garner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is just phenomenal! Cynthia Garner doesn't write your average paranormal smut. Sure, the love scenes are hot, but there's so much more substance to this book! There's an actual plot that is thick with great character development, and many options left open for sequals.

Keira the fey, used to be a grifter, a con artist. Finn the demon, kills and does the bidding of his father, Lucifer. (yes! the devil) Both sent to sneak their way into a rogue group. But neither knowing the real reason the other is there! Can they over come their doubts of each other, and put aside their feelings, in time to save the human race? Stefan Liuz plans to use his rogue group to over run the earth with preternaturals (non-humans) by keeping the rift between the dimensions open, and bringing over his criminal cohorts. He's a villain you can easily hate.

I hated having to put this book down. If you want a different kind of romance, something hot but filling... You need to pick this book up! Keira and Finn are my new fave couple!



Hidden SecretsHidden Secrets by Angee Taylor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a powerful story. Rose overcomes so much, abuse, disease, loss and finds love and strength. This isn't just a Vampire love story. There's so much undertone here, and I love every bit of strength this book showed. You can tell the author poured herself into it! It's amazing.




HunterHunter by Jacquelyn Frank
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm all for paranormal and what not, but flying witches and the whole story just didn't hit me. It felt, tacky and predictable. I wasn't impressed at all. The cover just doesn't match what the author tries to portray Hunter as. It seems long winded in parts, but then rushed in others. I would be willing to try others by this author, but this one, just didn't do it for me.






 Love and Blood (Blood Ties, #1)Love and Blood by Jessica Gibson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a vampire tale, very unlike other vampire tales. It's not love at first bite. I really enjoyed the conflict with Rider and Ronan.
Bronwyn is a strong female character.
The only thing that held me up from a 5 star review was that I felt there was more one story going. It became too much. I really would have liked to know more about Bronwyn and her story.




Love You More (Broken Series, #1)Love You More by M.L. Stephens
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was my first read of a M.L. Stephens book. Though, I hadn't understood it was paranormal, it felt weird reading it. But as you get sucked into this book, you're drug through an amazing, heart wrenching tale of love, loss and so much more. The end is the biggest jaw dropper ever. I have to say, I'm in love with this series!





 Lucius; The FallenLucius; The Fallen by Tara S. Wood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was interesting. I loved the concept of fallen angels, bad boys, demons and sex all rolled into one. When the author wants you to feel hot, you do! It's quite the well written piece. I'm not sure how I feel about the religious undertones. I tend to stay away from books like that. But, with all the action, sex and great story line going on, you can miss it if you're not looking.

A few parts had me wondering if I missed something, or left me a little confused. But all in all, this is just a good book and I will definitely be looking forward to the next installment of the series. You can't help but smile at Persephone and her adoring personality. Lucius makes me want to strip and lay down at his feet. Even the other characters were just so well developed in this book, that you felt they were all the lead hero/heroine.

If you like Paranormal/Romance/Action or anything close to these genres, pick this book up!



Son of Our Blood (Aaron's Kiss, #12)Son of Our Blood by Kathi S. Barton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What do you get when you pack everything paranormal into one book? A Kathi Barton read. Having not read any of the series, I'm not left wondering what's going on. The author does well with making the reader feel a part of the series no matter which book is picked up. A strong female lead and explosive chemistry between Andi and Mac has the reader begging for more! As with all good books, it seems to end too soon! I love it.




 The Immortal ScrollsThe Immortal Scrolls by Kristin Secorsky
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book really has it all. Werewolves, vampires, gladiators. It's for those who like historical, paranormal and those who just like a good romance.

The tale of Androcles and Araceli . They find love with each other that burns deep in Androcles for centuries. Araceli's life is stolen away by Amara, the vampire who wants Androcles for herself. Weaving a tale of jealousy and love, Andy (Androcles) translates scroll that he wrote, for an archaeologist, Skye. To Androcles, she looks identical to his Araceli he lost so long ago. But, Skye has secrets too. This tale is gripping, and has you on the edge of your seat, wondering how it will all unfold. I really enjoyed this and am hoping that there will be another book with these characters. The ending felt a little rushed, but I'm definitely wanting more.

To say that the love making in this book is hot, would be an understatement. There's more heat than a kitchen oven! Quite exciting to read!




The PromiseThe Promise by Kim Carmichael
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There's nothing bad I can say about a Kim Carmichael book. Whether short or long, they grab my attention and won't let go. This one, even I fell in love with Dolan. Even I wanted to be tortured by him! MMMM.. Way to go! Yet another amazing story to leave me begging for more. I wish it were longer, and there was more to the characters, but that's just me being greedy and not wanting it to end!






 The Vampire Affair (pt. #1)The Vampire Affair by Vivi Anna
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Just so you all know, I am silently cursing this author in my head! This was a fantastic read. Mak is a clumsy fool, always getting into one scheme or another. I found myself fighting to not laugh out loud. (There were quite a few stares from people in Starbucks). This character is highly likable and well developed.

Jonathan, well he sounds sexy as hell, but I really can't decide if I like him, hate him or love to hate him! This is a must read! Though, titled Vampire Affair, there is no mention of Vampires, so I feel maybe the author should have extended the book a little further, but all in all, an edge of your seat book that leaves you gasping for the next one!



Under His SkinUnder His Skin by Jennifer Blackstream
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Let me start out by saying, this is not a typical genre for me. I usually do not enjoy romances outside of the "normal". That being said. I really enjoyed this book. Ana's fur is lost to fire, and she's destined to be a human forever. She has trouble dealing with this, and hurts others along the way. Brec, one of those she hurt, comes along and passions erupt.

The whole story line is great. There's no dull moments. The characters are well developed and fall in line together well. The author has a way with words. You can feel the swing of emotions each person is going through. I look forward to seeing more from this author.



Welcome To The FamilyWelcome To The Family by Caroline F. Levy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Quite the interesting Vampire tale! This isn't just your average, feed, bleed and sex book. There's an intricate story to be told. I was enthralled by the detail. Each character was enjoyable and quite easy to relate to. This was definitely a good read.

Angela is a strong willed, hard headed woman. I love when the heroine is not a weak damsel. It just makes for a better story.

Roger, I am in love with. WELL, I'm in love with Jack too, but Roger seems more my type :)


 Wingless and ForsakenWingless and Forsaken by Dawn White
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What an intricate tale of fantasy and fairy tale. Weaved into an epic of passion and love. I couldn't put this down. Each page turned was another edge of my seat, what's happening now. You know what, go read it for yourself!




 Wolf Protector (Federal Paranormal Unit, #1)Wolf Protector by Milly Taiden
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

WOW! I don't know how else to explain this! Erica and Trent create such a fire, I can never think of fried chicken the same! The Federal Paranormal Unit includes people with special abilities. Shifters, Empaths. No one knows what the other can do. Trent wants Erica, has a hard time controlling his wolf when he's around her. Erica is pushing herself past the limit trying to track a killer with her vision. I just, couldn't put this down! It was hot. It was good. I'm dying for some more! WOW!



Wombstone (Vampireland, #1)Wombstone by Jessica Roscoe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to say, out of all the Vampire books I've read lately, this one was the most terror filled yet confusing. Now, don't take that as I didn't like the book. I most certainly did, and I can't wait for the next one. I love the fact that the beginning of the book has my heart pounding with fear. The later part of the book, tended to have a few confusing parts, I had to re read a page or two, but all in all, this is just a fantastic paranormal twist. So unlike most books that are out there. I really enjoyed it!


Dying to Live (Zombie Overload, #1)Dying to Live by C.M. Wright
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh sweet geebus! I felt like I was in an episode of the Walking Dead. This author has built a series that would work for TV, Movies, or just a good read. The inner thoughts of Canada (the heroine) are too much! Half the time I'm laughing at her and the rest, I can feel her fear, pain, and battle at protecting her family. What a great into to this series! Can't wait to read more!

 Fighting To Live (Zombie Overload, #2)Fighting To Live by C.M. Wright
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Yet another amazing tale in this Zombie apocalypse saga. Canada, Will, Jake and the rest take you on another heart pounding, laugh out loud, action driven road trip. As they continue to make their way across country to find their families, the story plot gets thicker. It pulls you in and won't let go, by the end page, you're screaming NO! Can't wait for the next installment.

 Learning To Live (Zombie Overload, #3)Learning To Live by C.M. Wright
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

How do I tell you how awesome this book was, without spoilers?! The drama and emotions between Will, Jake and Canada boil over in this book. I didn't know whether to cry or scream, or even jump up and down. Though not a movie, I still groan and yell when something happens! This book as with the rest, keep you on your toes completely. Edge of the seat action, Canada is awesome and funny, and I feel like that would be me if the Zombie Apocalypse ever happens. You just have got to read this whole series. It's amazing.

 Determined To Live (Zombie Overload, #4)Determined To Live by C.M. Wright
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

WHAT?! That's seriously where you leave off, when I have no more books ?? Wow, heart pounding, breath taking, zombie story that you LOVE to HATE! UGH.. I am freaking out now! I need to know what happens. Haven't read these yet? Start at the beginning, you can't put them down!


The Object: Book OneThe Object: Book One by Winston Emerson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What an intricate tale woven here for us. Are they aliens? Are they peaceful? Will we all die? In a Stephen King-esqe world, the author intertwines the story of several people, pulling them together at the end. But, as with any good serial, the end is leaving us screaming NO!!! Where's the rest?! I'm definitely hooked and a new fan of The Object!

Now, why, if i loved it so much, is it only 4 stars? Some points left me slightly confused, or didn't make sense. But there are literally one/two. This is absolutely a great story.

View all my reviews

 Noble Intentions: Episode 1Noble Intentions: Episode 1 by L.T. Ryan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Although a short story or "serial" this book was fast paced, and action packed. It hooks you in from the beginning and leaves you begging for more by the end. The reader is left anxious to buy the next in the series. Can't wait to read the next one.





Noble Intentions: Episode 2Noble Intentions: Episode 2 by L.T. Ryan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

L. T. Ryan does it again. Action packed from the start, dragging you further and further into the story. Right when things are getting good, he leaves you hanging for more. I think the stories could use a little editing. Just slight annoyances in grammar or missing punctuation. But, it doesn't keep you from enjoying the story. I say, Bring on the next one!

 Solomon vs. LordSolomon vs. Lord by Paul Levine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a great Legal book. Hints of a Grisham story, little bit of romance. I thoroughly enjoyed it. There's some editing errors. But not many to make reading unpleasant. Steve Solomon twists the law, is out of line, and funny. His court room tactics are off the scale, but are in the name of justice. Victoria Lord tries to play by the book and can't stand Solomon. When they end up working a case together, things go crazy. It definitely made for a great book. I didn't want to put it down. I can't wait to read the rest in the series.

 SuperbiaSuperbia by Bernard Schaffer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I rather enjoyed this book. It's not your typical Police story. I like the passion, aggression and feeling that's in this story. I enjoyed the plots, twists and thread of the story. I feel it was very well written, and told. I can't wait to delve into the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment