Wednesday, June 12, 2013

More oldies

A Black Deeper Than DeathA Black Deeper Than Death by M.E. Purfield
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book is listed as young adult. I would never let my teenager read this. The main character is a drunk, egotistical girl, who can "feel" pain that others around her experience. She's trying to solve a murder she "felt" while she was drunk and being kicked out of a bar. This book is crass, and absolutely not something I would recommend for a young person. The writing feels rushed, I occasionally felt it was hard to keep up with where it was heading.




 Charade (Heven and Hell, #2)Charade by Cambria Hebert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As with Masquerade, Cambria sure knows how to leave you hanging. Yet another YA book that I was surprisingly addicted to. This story just gets better and better. Sam and Heven have to fight off evil to protect the scroll they were given. A scroll representing all the "good" that will be on earth. But, at what cost will they have to protect it with? I couldn't put this down! I was up all night just finish it and can't wait to read the next installment! I highly suggest these books!



 Distorted (Twisted Fairy Tales, #2)Distorted by Jenny Phillips
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Another 'chapter' in the saga that is Gianna and Hunter. Once again, I'm left feeling this it's not over. I would love to see more about these two in the future. A great clean YA read. Little bit of Romance and some action thrown in just makes this a fantastic book!





 Isle of Man (Park Service Trilogy #2)Isle of Man by Ryan Winfield
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As with the first in this Trilogy, I'm amazed. The story picks up exactly where you were left in the first one. Continuing this harrowing ordeal, Aubrey, Jimmy, Hannah and Junior now embark on a different journey. I don't want to give away too many details or spoil it. The author writes in such a way that you feel you're there. The way things are described, the feelings, the environment in which they are. You can see it all in your mind. The story just flows together.

Though it would seem the books are meant for YA, due to the age of the characters, this doesn't mean that everyone can't enjoy. The books are captivating enough that 12-99 can read this and fall in love with the characters. They are so well developed, that each story makes them more a part of you. You can feel their heartache and triumph. As the story ended, I sat there wondering where the heck is the next one? I can not wait for the story to continue.



 Masquerade (Heven and Hell, #1)Masquerade by Cambria Hebert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Let me start out by saying that I don't normally read YA books. But, as I was gifted this book, I felt compelled to read this. And, I'm glad that I did. I'm now hooked on this series! It actually didn't strike me as a completely juvenile story. The author is well written. I appreciate the alternating points of view. The characters are so well developed. Each emotion is conveyed to the reader in a way that makes you feel what they are going through.

Heven used to be popular, beautiful and happy. An accident she can't remember leaves her disfigured and depressive. Until she meets Sam. He seems to be able to remind her of how beautiful she still is. Only, things turn upside down in Hevens' life. Though happy in her life with Sam now, he's brought danger to her. Now, he needs to protect her.

Honestly, whether teen, young adult, or grown, I think if you're into paranormal type love stories, you'll enjoy this book!



 Renegade (Heven and Hell, #4)Renegade by Cambria Hebert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Full of twists, turns, drama, sorrow, and every emotion you can think of! This book is a fantastic *ending* to the Heven and Hell series. I hate to see it go and hope that the author is just "Holding out on us" with more! I've followed Sam and Heven since the beginning and it's been one incredible journey! This book, as with the rest, are fantastic.




 Tirade (Heven and Hell, #3)Tirade by Cambria Hebert
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I feel like, this series just keeps getting better and better. I've devoured the whole series to date in a matter of days, and am left wanting more! Reading these books, you seem to forget how young these characters are. They are mature, and easily likable, even the ones you shouldn't really trust. I encourage anyone "thinking" about reading these, to read them. They are so worth it. The story line is well developed. It's one of the few books I haven't "skipped" parts through to get to something good. Every word on each page draws you further into this journey.



 The Park Service (Park Service Trilogy #1)The Park Service by Ryan Winfield
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've been dying for this author to come out with his next book.. and I've already bought, read and not been disappointed. In true Winfield fashion, this book keeps you hooked til the end. I am now once again eagerly anticipating the next book from this author. The world he creates, makes you stop and think, what if this really happened. The story line is quite different from his first book, but no less of a great read!


 Twisted (Twisted Fairy Tales, #1)Twisted by Jenny Phillips
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book. My tastes tend to steer towards more adult themed books, it didn't take away from what a good on this was. The story was great. Young girl struggling with high school bullies, her best friend who left 7 years ago returns. They reconnect and battle with the nightmare that tore them apart. It was a great little read and has a fantastic cliff hanger! I think a lot of young adult readers would enjoy and maybe even feel a connection with the likable characters in this book. The author certainly took some issues of today and weaved it into the story in a way that you can't tell it's there. But addressing the issue all the same. I'm now diving right into the next one now! It's a good clean read, and I'd definitely would recommend it to younger adults!


Experience Life in Poetry: Family, Friends and Romantic RelationshipsExperience Life in Poetry: Family, Friends and Romantic Relationships by Shannon Sonneveldt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a collection of poetry by author Shannon Sonneveldt. Each little poem brings a brightness to your day. Great for someone who needs a little lift in their life.

View all my reviews Experience Life in Poetry: Random Life Observation, Parenthood and Growing-up (Volume 1)Experience Life in Poetry: Random Life Observation, Parenthood and Growing-up by Shannon Sonneveldt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is exactly what it says. Poems revolving around simple life observations. The randomness is cute, and sometimes things you yourself will think about day to day. It's a sweet little collection, great for any reader.

View all my reviews Fibromyalgia: Living a Life of Blessing and HopeFibromyalgia: Living a Life of Blessing and Hope by Shannon Sonneveldt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For those who suffer from this disease, this is a must read. It's informative and also give a glimpse into the life of one suffering from it. The heartfelt manner of which this book was written shows courage in the author for sharing her life.

View all my reviews Puppy Poetry: The Exhausting, Funny and Sweet Moments that Come With Being Owned By PuppiesPuppy Poetry: The Exhausting, Funny and Sweet Moments that Come With Being Owned By Puppies by Shannon Sonneveldt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a cute little poetry book sure to make you smile. Fun little bits about puppies and life. Looking for a pick me up, read through this!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment