Friday, April 4, 2014

BB Dalton (Red, Hot, & Blue)

BB Dalton (Red, Hot, & Blue)  by Cat Johnson



A Red, Hot, & Blue Series Bonus Read 
from NY Times & USA Today Best Selling Author Cat Johnson 

A special assignment takes SpecOp BB from working undercover to under the covers… 

Billy Bob "BB" Dalton thought he'd left his career as an underwear model behind when he became a Navy SEAL assigned to a team of special ops where no one is supposed to have a past or an identity. Now the military wants him to be the poster boy for their new recruitment marketing campaign, and during what was supposed to be his Christmas leave, no less. 

Luckily his ‘handler’ turns out to be hot enough to melt icicles in winter, but can BB convince this slightly older and definitely jaded career-focused marketing executive to let him go from working undercover to working her under the covers? 

Reader Note: This alpha male, older woman / younger man story can stand alone but the events take place before those in Model Soldier (a Red, Hot, & Blue Novel).




BB DaltonBB Dalton by Cat Johnson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

There are so many things that bother me about this book. I have no problem with the age difference. Hey, every woman wants a younger man. That's hot. But, if you're writing military romances, you need to at least be accurate. What Navy Seal, Special Ops forces are going to allow their face to be out there in the public?! There is no way that would ever happen. So right there, I'm rolling my eyes. Then we get to BB and Katie. I can understand a young man thinking he's in love after one night. A grown woman, who's been divorced, in love after one night of sex? It just felt rushed and easy. There was no work necessary for the author. It was free, so I can't complain, but this book certainly doesn't make me want to read more by the author. Why would I? If it's all one night of sex and hey we're in love, I want a story, a plot, not a quickie.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment