Wednesday, April 30, 2014

One Man's Island

One Man's Island by Thomas J Wolfenden



Be very careful about what you wish for…Sergeant Major Tim Flannery’s personal life is in shambles. Just home from his sixth combat tour in Afghanistan, His wife has left him, his house is in foreclosure, and he feels like his entire world has disintegrated. With almost thirty years’ military and civilian police experience, he’s always been able to make the right decisions in tight spots, but waking to find he’s the sole survivor, after the entire Earth’s population is dead from an unknown calamity from the cosmos, he’s at a loss. Or is he? Follow him across a Continent, and then an Ocean, to find his fate, to see if one man can change the world, make a difference, make the hardest decision of his life, and save humanity once and for all…

IF YOU ENJOY MY REVIEW,PLEASE CONSIDER CLICKING PERMALINK AND VOTING YES IT WAS HELPFUL. THANKS

4.0 out of 5 stars page turnerApril 28, 2014
This review is from: One Man's Island (Kindle Edition)
I want to start by saying, I think this was a really great, interesting book. My negative, let's get that out of the way first. I wish there was a little more explanation on how so many people survived while others didn't. I also found it slightly annoying that the majority of those who did survive were all military! Literally half the people in this story are military! (Not that I have anything against them, it just makes you wonder what's going on) There were some parts that got a little boring, explaining all of the day to day, then we skip 6 years! Confused a little. But, now the positive.

I love how everything that happens, is related to other things that happen. Everything happens for a reason, right? Well in this book, they do! I loved seeing how it all fit together. If you like Apocolyptic books, this was great! I found it interesting and was happy to see something like this, without zombies or aliens!

Now, I've read through other reviews on this book. I have to say, I didn't notice the editorial mistakes they mentioned. So, I'm thinking this book has been updated. Either way, it was an absolute pleasure reading this book! I found it to be a page turner. I didn't want to put it down! To me, this is the type of book that makes for a great movie and I'm interested to see if the author continues the story!!!
Why no voting buttons? We don't let customers vote on their own reviews, so the voting buttons appear only when you look at reviews submitted by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment