Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hot on Her Trail (Hell Yeah!)

Hot on Her Trail (Hell Yeah!) by Sable Hunter




Continuing the Hell Yeah! Series with book 2 - Hot on Her Trail 

An Erotic Romance Jacob McCoy wishes for a wife and a family. Tis the Season for miracles when a young woman shows up on his doorstep: homeless, in danger and expecting a child - Jacob's child. 


Their relationship is complicated by the fact that, A - they've never met before and B - she's a virgin. Jessie is determined not to be a burden to the McCoy family. As far as she's concerned, she is just passing through. Jacob has a different opinion - he wants Jessie in his life, in his bed and in his heart.


(I'm apologizing to the author now. I love her, she's a fun, great person, but this book just did not do it for me! I couldn't love it :( )


Hot on Her Trail (Hell Yeah!, #2)Hot on Her Trail by Sable Hunter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ok, I liked the "idea" of this book, but there's stuff that annoyed me. Those things make it hard to love this book. If the story is about Jacob and Jessie, why are we getting a whole history on all the brothers? It's a series, why not just give them all their own books? It weighed down the story and I began losing interest in the story. Yes, I finished it, just saying, it dragged it down. I'm sure in all of the "side story" business the author was trying to make readers who haven't read the first book feel comfortable. But, they went about it wrong. It turned the book into something that I had to force myself through to get back to Jacob and Jessie.

Jacob's instant love from seeing a naked trespasser? Yea, that felt too forced to me. I believe in Love at first sight. But, I think this was done in a strange way. Love at first sight is not First sight and jerk off. I didn't feel any build up on his end. It was a little outrageous. The sex was sort of hot, but, um, unrealistic? A virgin let's a stranger suck her breasts the first day they meet? It didn't feel right.


There was a lot of good in this book too though. I laughed at a few lines, like "It's the biggest, bestest, petey in the whole world." Yes, it's lame and corny, but I giggled, it lightened the mood when I was feeling like giving up reading.
The sex was actually pretty hot when you got to it. Jacob and Jessie do it like rabbits.. over and over and over! Yummy. Who doesn't love a hot cowboy.
"Can't you stay here with me, and let me love on you?" That was sweet. I do have to say, after my initial anger at the insta-love, Jacob tried hard to show Jessie she was beautiful and he loved her. I enjoyed seeing him try. I think that if some of the side stuff was removed, this could have been an amazing book. With work, it could definitely be a 5 star read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment