Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Whispers from the Heart (Journals from the Heart)

Whispers from the Heart (Journals from the Heart) by Heather Hummel




Whispers: The heart's way of speaking...

Madison Ragnar is a high school English teacher determined to connect with her students, to finish the next running race with a respectable time, and to avoid ever falling in love again.

But life has other plans for Madison. A man named Michael shows himself in the most unexpected places, raising questions from her best friend, Olivia, and issues around Madison's last relationship.

In the classroom, the death of a student prompts her grieving ninth graders to depend on her for answers. They turn to journal writing as a form of understanding the weight of what's happened in the walls of their teenage existence.

When Madison meets Phil, who throws a wrench in her declaration to not fall in love, it seems that her escape through miles of running is the only real footing she has in life.

Will fate determine Madison's life? Or will she have a say in its outcome?



Whispers from the HeartWhispers from the Heart by Heather Hummel
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

WARNING... SPOILER ALERT:

I hate to say it, but this book was actually boring. It started out good. I felt this would be a story of a woman learning to move on from past pain, learning to love again. It sort of was, but with lots and lots of boring parts in between. I felt highly disappointed. It was it hard for me to like Madison. She leads Phil on then breaks his heart, for a man everyone thought was stalking her. Even I felt creeped out by how Michael acted. It was definitely too much. I kept waiting for something bad to happen. I was highly disappointed in the way she broke things off with Phil. I felt he deserved more than that. For a woman who you're led to first believe is full or morals and deep thought, she doesn't seem like it by the end of the book. I really really didn't enjoy this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment