Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Broken Build (Silicon Valley Romantic Suspense)

Broken Build (Silicon Valley Romantic Suspense) by Rachelle Ayala



When a woman wrongs a man... can a man forgive and love?
Jennifer Cruz Jones thinks she can lay her past to rest. She's landed her dream job at Silicon Valley's hottest startup. Instead, she's caught in a web of blackmail, murder, and broken code.
Startup founder David Jewell refuses to dwell on his past. When a man last seen with Jennifer is found dead, he takes a closer look at her. With investors losing confidence and his company in jeopardy, he is forced to protect Jennifer when she is attacked.
Together, David and Jennifer must thwart a killer while rescuing a victim from their past. Love blossoms, but a damaging revelation points straight at Jennifer and threatens to tear them apart forever.
Broken Build is a dramatic, multicultural romance mixed with a huge dose of chemistry, an unsolved murder, a missing child, and a relentless adversary.



Broken Build (Chance for Love, #1)Broken Build by Rachelle Ayala
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ok, I really wanted to like this book. I think the author did a lot of research, and it shows in the technical terms used. Sometimes it got to be too much though, and I was left feeling confused. I don't know anything about code work, app technology. I understand trying to make it real, but it was too much. The author should understand, most readers won't know what all that stuff means.
Then, it's listed as Romantic Suspense. What the author failed to mention was that it's Christian Romantic Suspense. I'm all for religion, but it's not what I want to read. I would have appreciated being forewarned! The amount of God and bible verses in this book dragged it down for me.

I think the plot of the book was awesome. The action was great. But, again, the religion dragged it down for me. I wasn't expecting it. Then, the main characters spent too much time believing the worst in each other that it was hard to like them. Too many times they started doubting each other and thinking they were each responsible for everything. I think if the author pulled out the religious parts, this could have been an AMAZING book.
The intricate plot was great. The twists and turns had you guessing until the end who was responsible for everything. Seriously, this could have been a 5 star suspense! But for me, it fell really short of being 5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment