Saturday, March 8, 2014

Mortal Deception

Mortal Deception by Lizbeth Lipperman



A mix of deceit and lies rocks the world of a dying child, an ex-cop on a mission to clear her dead husband's name and an anesthesiologist who desperately wants out of a loveless marriage. To save her nephew's life, the young widow seduces the doctor accused of murdering his wife. But even as she collects evidence that proves he's the killer, she can't stop her heart from falling for him. Until the game turns DEADLY...




Mortal DeceptionMortal Deception by Liz Lipperman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a cute little mystery type romance. Dani was sweet, but I didn't get the feeling that she was an ex-cop. She acted more like a scared little woman. I felt no back bone as you would expect from an officer.

The plot was interesting, the twists certainly weren't what you expected. I just wish Dani had been stronger.

The fact that Nate fell in love with her, after sleeping with her once and thinking she's a hooker was a bit too much, there's wasn't a whole lot of development there. The ending was maybe a little rushed. It's not a bad book, it passed the afternoon away from me. Would I read it again, probably not.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment